aries-dev mailing list archives

From David Bosschaert <>
Subject Re: New Blueprint Web OSGI module and BlueprintExtenderService
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 08:34:31 GMT
Hi Sergey,

I think I understand what you are proposing for [1]. A programmatic
API to create Blueprint Containers. Once you have such container, can
you then also programmatically add beans etc? In other words will you
be able to do via code all the things that you would normally do in a

Regarding [2] I'm not seeing the full picture here yet. One thing that
is being worked on in the OSGi Alliance is whiteboard pattern support
for the HTTP Service, which means that you can register Servlets in
the service registry to make them part of your webapp. This should
make it a lot easier as well to create webapps using blueprint. I
believe that Apache Felix has already an implementation of such a HTTP
Service... But then, maybe your are trying to do something completely

On 7 October 2013 17:19, Sergey Beryozkin <> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I did some initial work on enhancing BlueprintExtender to make it easier to
> deal with BlueprintContainers externally [1] and introducing a new
> blueprint-web-osgi module [2].
> I've commented at [1] & [2] so hopefully the reason behind these minor but
> also IMHO useful enhancements is clear.
> We'd like to be able to use Blueprint contexts within light-weight war
> bundles, examples, in those installed via a "webbundle:" protocol and drive
> the creation of web context paths from custom servlets; I believe it can be
> of general use for OSGI Blueprint developers too.
> Comments to the proposed patches are welcome
> Thanks, Sergey
> [1]
> [2]

View raw message