aries-dev mailing list archives

From David Bosschaert <>
Subject Aries website outdated pages
Date Mon, 27 May 2013 14:18:47 GMT
 Hi all,

I had a quick browse through the Aries website and noticed that there are
quite a number of outdated pages. In some cases it was easy to update the
pages to more recent info (e.g. for the latest OSGi specs) but in other
cases I would propose the simply remove the outdated information. If
someone has the time to provide a replacement this can then be done later.

Here's what I found:

* Programming Model: The Application model has since been superseded by the
standardised Subsystems. Proposal: remove Application bullets.
* Pointers to OSGi specs: I updated these to point to R5 (was 4.2).
* Javadoc: this incomplete lists of modules points at old versions (0.3). I
would propose to delete this page as this info is available in the
published javadoc maven artefacts.

* This page was last updated for the 1.0.0 release train and I wonder
whether we need it. All this info is available in Maven Central, can we not
simply remove it?
* Release notes. Since we are now supporting modular releases, do central
release notes make sense? I would simply remove this page.
* Archived releases - again, can we simply leverage Maven central for this?

* Aries group blog - hasn't been active since 2010. Should we remove this
link from the menu?

I don't really have the time to completely polish up the website but I
would be happy to make the above changes to ensure that the obsolete info
is gone.

Thoughts anyone?