aries-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Ward <timothyjw...@apache.org>
Subject RE: aries pull request: ARIES-1047 JPA 2.1 support
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2013 15:59:19 GMT
Hi Dan,

The lack of a Geronimo API jar was the main reason that I was waiting for the JPA 2.1 spec
vote to finish. Once the vote is over it should be pretty easy to get a new spec jar released.

Tim Ward
-------------------
Apache Aries PMC member & Enterprise OSGi advocate
Enterprise OSGi in Action (http://www.manning.com/cummins)
-------------------

> Subject: Re: aries pull request: ARIES-1047 JPA 2.1 support
> From: dkulp@apache.org
> Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 11:20:36 -0400
> To: dev@aries.apache.org; timothyjward@apache.org
>

> On Apr 10, 2013, at 4:07 AM, Timothy Ward <timothyjward@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Thanks Brett,
> >
> > I'm hoping to pull this support in for an Aries JPA container/context 1.1 release
shortly after the JPA 2.1 spec vote finishes. Thanks for getting things going!

> Except we cannot use the LGPL hibernate jars for this.   We'll need to likely work with
Geronimo to get their jars updated.