aries-dev mailing list archives

From Holly Cummins <>
Subject What artifact id should the blueprint-parser bundle have?
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2012 10:24:08 GMT
Hi all,

As I was preparing the most recent batch of bundle releases, I noticed
that the artifact id for blueprint-parser doesn't follow the same
pattern as the rest of our artifact
 ids - it's "blueprint-parser" rather than
"org.apache.aries.blueprint.parser". I know we discussed the group id
of the util bundle recently and decided that consistency with previous
releases was more important than consistency with other bundles, but
the blueprint-parser id seems *really* inconsistent. I suspect users
would be pretty confused by the fact that the artifact id isn't the
same as the bundle symbolic name.

What do people think? Should we correct it before 1.0.0, or leave it as it is?

View raw message