aries-dev mailing list archives

From Holly Cummins <>
Subject ARIES-858, ARIES-859, and blueprint concurrency
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 09:02:42 GMT
Hi all,

After confirming that the subsystem component wasn't responsible
(sorry John!), John Ross has suggested that the second set of changes
under ARIES-858, introduced in build #1470, might be responsible for
the test failures we're seeing. Since those changes affected the
concurrency in NamespaceHandlerRegistryImpl, and the test failures
seem to be an intermittent failure to register some namespace
handlers, this seems like a good guess to me.

The bad news is that if these changes do cause concurrency issues in
blueprint, the 0.3.2 release will be have the defect too. On the
bright side, at least it's only an intermittent failure! Guillaume,
what problem were these concurrency changes trying to fix? I'm
wondering if we're better off just going back to the
NamespaceHandlerRegistryImpl of a month ago, since that seemed to be
more reliable in our tests.

View raw message