aries-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <>
Subject Re: Blueprint schema blocks nested static class names
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 15:10:29 GMT
Hi Jeremy

 > Hi,
 > The blueprint.xsd is defined by the OSGi Alliance, so this would need
 > to be changed in the spec. The Blueprint spec doesn't mention inner
 > classes so there's nothing AFAICT in the spec that excludes the use of
 > them - so arguably you could open a bug at the OSGi Alliance [1]. It's
 > worth discussing first on the developers list [2].

I can not post to the Alliance dev list, I've received a failure report
saying I'm not allowed to post. Does one have to represent an Alliance
member to post to that list ?

 > [1]
 > [2]
 > Cheers,
 > Jeremy

P.S Here is copy of the rejected post, perhaps you can forward it to
that list ?

Hello All,

I've recently reported an issue at the Apache Aries dev list [1] to do
with the
Blueprint schema blocking the nested static class names and I'm moving
the discussion to this list as recommended by Jeremy Hughes.

The fix proposed at [1] is to relax the schema for Java (or I guess
other language VMs) to validate the class names as opposed to
restricting the names at the higher level in Blueprint schema.

We came across the issue while working on migrating the application
including many code-generated nested classes to Blueprint.

Any objections to me opening a bug at [2] ?

Thanks, Sergey

View raw message