aries-dev mailing list archives

From David Bosschaert <david.bosscha...@gmail.com>
Subject Aries jmx-bundle and uses clause computation
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2012 14:35:56 GMT
Hi all,

While looking at the jmx-bundle project I came across the following in
the pom.xml

  <aries.osgi.export>
    org.osgi.jmx;uses:="javax.management.openmbean",
    org.osgi.jmx.framework;uses:="org.osgi.jmx,javax.management.openmbean",
    org.osgi.jmx.service.cm;uses:="javax.management.openmbean",
    org.osgi.jmx.service.permissionadmin;uses:="org.osgi.jmx",
    org.osgi.jmx.service.provisioning;uses:="javax.management.openmbean",
    org.osgi.jmx.service.useradmin;uses:="org.osgi.jmx,javax.management.openmbean",
    org.apache.aries.jmx.codec
  </aries.osgi.export>

I'm wondering why the uses clauses are explicitly listed here. I mean
the Maven Bundle Plugin/BND do a pretty good job of computing this and
I would say it's very error-prone to list these manually. Anyone know
the reason why it's done here?

Cheers,

David