aries-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Blueprint release
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2011 08:22:37 GMT
IIUC one of the bad things that happened with the recent blueprint release was that some of
the artifacts that actually got released were not the ones voted on.  While there is no way
AFAIK to replace or un-release stuff from maven, we should at least release something that
we do vote on really soon.  We might be able to make it harder to find the mistaken artifacts
on the apache mirror system or at least add a note explaining what happened.

There have also been some compatibility fixes and general testing.  I'd like to encourage
everyone to do some more testing and work towards a release of the necessary bundles next
week sometime.

I guess the first step will be to figure out which artifacts are the wrong ones.  Does anyone
already know?

I think this release will be simple enough that I might be able to successfully be the release
manager :-)

Other issues:

- Question about which dependencies to build against--- released/stable or snapshot/dev.
I guess I should try out my profile idea?

- Guillaume changed the proxy code to generally avoid weaving.  IIUC this is not controlled
through config admin, but I don't know why not.

- I'd like to get the util changes I made released.

- I think the blueprint api bundle should not be exporting org.osgi.service.blueprint bundle
and the core bundle should have a uses clause for its export.  I'll write another note about

david jencks

View raw message