aries-dev mailing list archives

From Valentin Mahrwald <>
Subject Re: ExtendedBlueprintContainer moved....
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2011 09:42:08 GMT
If I recall correctly I moved some interfaces, ExtendedBlueprintContainer in particular, in
order to split the Blueprint code into parsing code, which suitable for consumption outside
an OSGi framework, and runtime code, which needs the OSGi framework (and uses org.osgi apis
to boot).  The former has the interfaces in org.apache.aries.blueprint, the latter has service
interfaces in the new package. The reason for the split was the building the standalone application

I am sorry that has caused an incompatibility with Camel and CXF. I guess we could have a
built-time split-package by moving the interface back, but that seems a bit weird ...

-- Valentin

On 19 Nov 2011, at 09:21, Timothy Ward wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm not sure what the reason was for moving it, and it did happen a while ago so it may
be that noone remembers. One possibility is that it was done to rationalise the large org.apache.aries.blueprint
package. Both the old and new packages are exported, so it isn't a visibility thing.
> We possibly do need a larger API discussion for blueprint. Things are better now we aren't
exposing every package, but it has grown a bit organically and the packages may not be structured
as well as they could be.
> Regards
> Tim Ward
> -------------------
> Apache Aries PMC member & Enterprise OSGi advocate
> Enterprise OSGi in Action (
> -------------------
>> Subject: ExtendedBlueprintContainer moved....
>> Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 17:37:06 -0500
>> The ExtendedBlueprintContainer interface moved from org.apache.aries.blueprint
>> to in 0.4.   Thus, both Camel and CXF that
>> use that interface will no longer work with 0.4.
>> Was that intentional?   Is there anything we can do, at least for 0.4.1, that
>> would allow things to keep working?
>> For CXF, the only thing we need is the Repository out of it.   Is there
>> another way of obtaining the repository that would work for both 0.3 and 0.4?
>> Haven't checked what methods camel needs.
>> --
>> Daniel Kulp
>> -
>> Talend Community Coder -