aries-dev mailing list archives

From Holly Cummins <>
Subject Bundle versions in sample assemblies
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 16:05:13 GMT
Hi all,
I've just raised (and fixed) ARIES-784, a problem with the pax.logging
versions in the sample assemblies. I also raised to cover the more
general issue that our blog tests were happily passing while the blog
sample itself was totally broken. However, I haven't fixed ARIES-785
yet, because it's harder. :)

I've had a quick look and I think the root of the problem is that the
blog assembly uses version numbers set as explicit properties in the
samples pom.xml:

   <!-- External Dependencies -->
<---------------------- These numbers were wrong
        <paxLoggingServiceVersion>1.4.0</paxLoggingServiceVersion>  <----/

whereas the version used in the for the itests
comes from parent/default-parent/pom.xml:

is the number we wanted

The solution which springs to mind is to move all the version
declarations from the samples pom.xml to the parent pom.xml so that
they can be common across the whole project. However, this kind of
radical innovation is far beyond my (feeble) maven skills, so I'm not
sure if it's a logical idea or a terrible one. Does anyone with a
better understanding of our build have any opinions?

Want to learn more? Enterprise OSGi in Action:

View raw message