aries-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Re: Utils changes
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2011 04:21:53 GMT
Apparently I did something wrong when testing these changes and there seem to be a couple of
test problems caused here.

1. A couple of blueprint tests fail with the new tracker.  I think they are testing blueprint
using composite bundles.  Since composite bundles are a non-standard feature I wonder if it
would be plausible to have a switch to turn on composite bundles support in recursive bundle

2. Apparently code compiled against R4.3 can't be used with R4.2?  Compiling aries utils with
R4.3 (so the code I added can compile, since it uses R4.3 classes) results in code that calls
Version.compareTo(Version) which results in a NoSuchMethod error when called in a R4.2 framework
where the method is Version.compareTo(Object).

Does anyone have any ideas how to work around these problems?  If anyone wants to revert my
commits while we figure out what to do, go ahead.

david jencks

On Nov 9, 2011, at 6:05 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> I made a couple changes to utils (issues 777 and 778) to provide R43 bundle-to-classloader
determination and to make the RecursiveBundleTracker work with equinox Region based isolation
as well as the obsolete composite bundle support.  Aries seems to build fine for me and I
can get the blueprint extender to work in an isolated region using this, but I didn't try
very hard to see if it broke stuff in earlier frameworks.  Please let me know if there are
> The approach I used for the bundle tracker is to register a bundle event hook and feed
the events to a bundle tracker (code copied from felix's bundle tracker).  This avoids all
bundle event filtering.  If anyone thinks this approach is inappropriate please speak up :-)
> thanks
> david jencks

View raw message