aries-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Charters <>
Subject Re: Add to Application-Content header bundles without importing them into the EBA
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2011 12:16:08 GMT
Hi Dan, if I understand correctly, you're looking for the ability to
exclude the content bundles from the .eba file.  This is not possible
with the eba-maven-plugin at the moment. The
<useTransitiveDependencies /> configuration allows you to exclude
transitive dependencies, but there's no equivalent for the content.

What might have been better would be to have a single configuration of
called something like <archiveContent / > with values of none,
applicationContent, all.

Is this the sort of thing you were looking for?  Have you raised a JIRA?

Regards, Graham.

On 11 August 2011 12:55, Alasdair Nottingham <> wrote:
> Hi,
> I don't think that would make sense. The documentation on the provided
> scope[1] says:
> This is much like compile, but indicates you expect the JDK or a container
> to provide the dependency at runtime. For example, when building a web
> application for the Java Enterprise Edition, you would set the dependency on
> the Servlet API and related Java EE APIs to scope provided because the web
> container provides those classes.
> so extrapolating that to an EBA it would say that I should be excluding
> anything with a provided scope from being in the Application-Content header,
> rather than putting it in there. The important thing here is that the
> Application-Content header defines your application, not the by value
> bundles inside it. So you could have a bundle inside the .eba file that is
> not in the Application-Content and would therefore be ignored. Since the
> provided scope means "not part of my app, provided by my runtime" we should
> not be putting provided scoped dependencies in the application at all.
> [1]:
> On 11 August 2011 09:04, Dan Peretz <> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'm working on the OSGI using the EBA Maven Plug-in.
>> I'm trying to add bundles to the Application-Content EBA header without
>> packaging them into the EBA, without success. I believe that in the pom.xml,
>> if a module is in the scope of provided, it should be written into the
>> Application-Content header without importing it into the EBA. Is it possible
>> to do it for your next release?
>> Thanks,
>> Dan Peretz
> --