aries-dev mailing list archives

From David Bosschaert <>
Subject Running Aries JMX through the OSGi TCK
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2011 13:48:38 GMT
Hi all,

I'm looking at the possibility of enhancing the Apache Aries
implementation so that it could become an implementation of the
updated OSGi-JMX spec (RFC 169 in [1]).

As a starting point I was running the unmodified implementation
against the OSGi JMX TCK to see where we stand :)
With that I'm currently getting 14 errors (and 94 passes), where the
problems are either 'Invalid CompositeType' or 'Invalid TabularType'
ones (see below for two examples).

  <test name='testAddInformation'
<error name='testAddInformation(org.osgi.test.cases.jmx.junit.ProvisioningServiceMBeanTestCase)'
type='java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid CompositeType
  <test name='testConfigurationGetBundleLocation'
<error name='testConfigurationGetBundleLocation(org.osgi.test.cases.jmx.junit.ConfigurationAdminMBeanTestCase)'
type=' Invalid TabularType

Are these errors known/expected or has anyone been able to run Aries
JMX successfully against the OSGi TCK?

View raw message