aries-dev mailing list archives

From Alasdair Nottingham <>
Subject Re: Aries JPA modules release: progress notes
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2011 21:40:13 GMT

I think my question would be do we need to do a release of the following to
meet the request:

I don't know enough about JPA, but the thing they wanted was enough to do
dynamic weaving of entities. Are these two needed for that? If we can't
release the JPA code that does dynamic weaving without these then we might
have high cohesion between these bundles and we should consider merging the

Do we need to release the itests?

I'm just asking, I am sure I could have got this all wrong.

On 19 July 2011 13:23, Jeremy Hughes <> wrote:

> Hi, I've started to look at releasing Aries JPA. Based on the
> discussion a week or two ago, the feeling was we'd only need to
> release the util module in addition to the JPA ones. Now that I've
> inspected the dependency tree, there are a few more snapshot
> dependencies that I'm going try to switch back to released versions.
> If this isn't possible then we'll need to release more dependencies.
> I'm writing a few notes on the way where you can see the details:
> Cheers,
> Jeremy

Alasdair Nottingham