aries-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Ellis <>
Subject Re: Yet another proxy/weaving problem
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 12:30:14 GMT

I don't think it is easy to mark the WovenProxy class as synthetic because
it is a real interface with source in the org.apache.aries.proxy.weaving
package. AFAIK there is no way to mark an interface as synthetic only on
the implementing class, but not on the interface class itself. It is
probably possible for us to write a plugin that operates during the
process-classes phase which will add the synthetic marker to the
WovenProxy interface class after compilation. Is this what you had in

David Jencks <>
Cc:, "Geronimo Dev List \(JIRA\)"
04/06/2011 17:03
Re: Yet another proxy/weaving problem

I've now found another place where the added WovenProxy interface breaks
OpenWebBeans.   The lack of response on the aries list to my first post
makes me think that perhaps this interface can't be removed.  I notice
that there's an isSynthetic() method on Class.  I'm not sure what this
means but I'm wondering if it would be possible to mark this interface
synthetic and have the relevant parts of OWB ignore synthetic interfaces
rather than explicitly configuring it to ignore this particular interface?

david jencks

> another day another problem....
> org.apache.webbeans.exception.WebBeansConfigurationException: Decorator
: Name:null, WebBeans Type:DECORATOR, API

delegate attribute must implement all of the decorator decorated types,
but decorator type interface org.apache.aries.proxy.weaving.WovenProxy is
not assignable from delegate type of interface
> I believe the story here is that decorator classes must not implement
interfaces that the delegate doesn't implement, but aries is adding the
org.apache.aries.proxy.weaving.WovenProxy to the decorator class.
> OWB is already excluding Serializable and I can modify the code to also
exclude org.apache.aries.proxy.weaving.WovenProxy and the jcdi tests pass
but this is going to involve making the list of ignored interfaces
configurable and may not be acceptable to OWB.
> Is there any way to make the weaving/proxying code not add this
interface?  I don't think the jdk proxying code needs to add
> thanks
> david jencks

Unless stated otherwise above: