aries-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Ward <>
Subject RE: Another possible proxy problem
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 17:50:45 GMT

I don't have the best setup to test whether these changes have any effect, but I think they
should significantly reduce the increase in overhead.

If it does then I can commit the changes into trunk.

> Subject: Re: Another possible proxy problem
> Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 00:46:03 -0400
> To:
> On May 31, 2011, at 6:30 AM, Timothy Ward wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > My guess would be that this occurs when we create dynamic proxy objects for interfaces
and isn't related to the load-time weaving at all (although the code was added at the same
time). We end up with one classloader per set of interfaces we get asked to proxy, and we
only cache the 64 (I think) most recently used classloaders for reuse. This does lead to quite
a lot of classloaders, which has probably caused the increase in permgen usage. I can take
a look at the code to try and make it a bit less classloader happy, but I also think this
is yet another issue with Sun's use of PermGen!
> Meh. I wouldn't blame PermGen. Looks like you're using about 60 megs worth of additional
memory. No matter what you call it: PermGen or heap, it all counts...
> > Increasing PermGen should avoid any problems, I/We can try to improve the caching/reuse
of classloaders to reduce the permgen load as well if you like.
> Seems like it's definitely worth a look.
> --kevan
View raw message