aries-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Ward <>
Subject RE: internal version conflict in aries application (at least)
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 08:42:39 GMT

I'm sorry if you don't feel that the problems you've had with proxy are being addressed fast
enough, my understanding was that things were, for the most part, working now. Clearly there
is a JCDI bug related to synthetic methods, however I have suggested a 1 line work-around
in the proxy code for that. There is also a patch on the dev list that should reduce the additional
memory overhead you noticed.

Is there more that I'm unaware of? Are there other test cases failing?

> Subject: Re: internal version conflict in aries application (at least)
> Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 19:16:33 -0700
> To:

scheme. In switching release scheme one assumption was that nothing would ever be released
from the 0.3 branch again so maybe it ought to be deleted? Any future releases will always
be from trunk.
> >> That may not be a safe assumption. Geronimo would like to get a release out
pretty soon and there is little evidence at the moment that trunk will be stable enough to
be usable. On the other hand 0.3 also has its share of blocking bugs.
> > Releasing from the 0.3 branch has some implications for Aries release management
- I suspect that it has the potential to create a lot of work so I would encourage you to
use what is in trunk if you possibly can.
> I'd like to figure out an appropriate version number for the 0.3 branch and change to
it. It would be great to get trunk released but every time I turn around I find another problem
apparently with the weaving/proxying code and I'm not confident we can find and fix all the
problems quickly enough.
> Locally I made a application branch that appeared to work fine with
geronimo. What do you expect to be a problem with changing the versions in 0.3-RCx to
> thanks
> david jencks
> >
> > Zoe

View raw message