aries-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Re: internal version conflict in aries application (at least)
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 02:16:33 GMT

On May 30, 2011, at 10:21 AM, zoe slattery wrote:

>>> This branch development version is incorrect because of the switch of release
scheme. In switching release scheme one assumption was that nothing would ever be released
from the 0.3 branch again so maybe it ought to be deleted? Any future releases will always
be from trunk.
>> That may not be a safe assumption.  Geronimo would like to get a release out pretty
soon and there is little evidence at the moment that trunk will be stable enough to be usable.
 On the other hand 0.3 also has its share of blocking bugs.
> Releasing from the 0.3 branch has some implications for Aries release management - I
suspect that it has the potential to create a lot of work so I would encourage you to use
what is in trunk if you possibly can.

I'd like to  figure out an appropriate version number for the 0.3 branch and change to it.
  It would be great to get trunk released but every time I turn around I find another problem
apparently with the weaving/proxying code and I'm not confident we can find and fix all the
problems quickly enough.

Locally I made a application branch that appeared to work fine with geronimo.
 What do you expect to be a problem with changing the versions in 0.3-RCx to

david jencks

> Zoe

View raw message