aries-dev mailing list archives

From Alasdair Nottingham <>
Subject Application itests don't run on mac
Date Sat, 21 May 2011 22:17:03 GMT

None of the application itests run on the mac anymore. This seems to
be as a result of the following code added to the

      try {
        bundleFile = URLDecoder.decode(bundle.toString(), "UTF-8");
      } catch (UnsupportedEncodingException uee) {
        ModellerException me = new
        _logger.debug(LOG_EXIT, "getModelledResource", me);
        throw me;

the problem is that bundle.toString returns a file url for the
following directory:

when the url is decoded the + char is converted to a single space. So
it becomes:

/var/folders/LV/LVuEEG-GGE8d9XrtRZh-hU   TQ/-Tmp-

which doesn't exist.

I'm not sure what the right fix is, but I suspect it would be better
to call toURL().toExternalForm() on the IDirectory rather than relying
on toString returning a URL which isn't defined in the javadoc.

Alasdair Nottingham

View raw message