aries-dev mailing list archives

From zoe slattery <>
Subject Re: How to create a submenu in CMS
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2011 17:20:28 GMT
On 18/04/2011 17:53, Emily Jiang wrote:
> Does anyone know how to create a submenu using CMS? I am trying to add a
> submenu 'tools' under 'documenation' in Apache Aries web site. I have /tools
> directory and tools.mdtext created under the directory of 'documenation'. I
> cannot make 'tools' show up as a menu item under 'documentation'. Is there
> anything else I should do? Google around CMS but did not find anything
> useful:(.
This is not really anything to do with CMS, it's more to do with how the
Aries site is set up.

If you look here you
will see that there is content directory (where most of the content is)
and there is a templates directory. In templates you will find a file
called navigation.mdtext. This is the file you need to modify to make
things appear in the submenus.

You may also want to take a look at the javascript file that deals with
proper opening and closing of menus - this is content/resources/menu.js.
You shouldn't need to look at this.

When you have this working it would be helpful to document it here: It
looks like I forgot :-/

View raw message