aries-dev mailing list archives

From Holly Cummins <>
Subject Re: Permissions for changing the web site
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2011 11:22:04 GMT
zoe slattery <> wrote on 03/18/2011 10:28:32 AM:

> +1 I would like to see committers elected because of doc contributions

[cut for length]

The downside of this is that Alasdair's and Charles's experience of
submitting and applying a patch doesn't seem to have been very smooth.
It's hard to say if that's because the CMS process just doesn't work well
for patches, or they just did it wrong. :)

If the patch process genuinely doesn't work so well for doc contributions
we may decide that facilitating doc contributions is more important than
facilitating new committers - or we may not, of course, since enabling
doc-driven committers sounds like a good thing to me as well.

(If we can identify a better way of submitting patches, of course, what
we'll need is someone to submit an patch for our docs pages with
instructions. :) )

Unless stated otherwise above: