aries-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Version Policy
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2011 11:22:02 GMT

Good thing !

Some remarks:

Re. Bundles: A bundle should never exist as a non-SNAPSHOT version in
the trunk (except during the short period of time during which Maven
generates the version tag). As such immediately after a release the
bundle version switches to x.y.(z+1)-SNAPSHOT.

Re. Bundles: I think it is solely the task of the RM to decide on the
version to be released. But there should be some guidelines like the
OSGi semantic versioning. On point to note (and extending OSGi's paper)
is that in Felix and Sling we generally release even versions and have
odd versions being SNAPSHOTs. E.g:

The reason for this is that x.y.z.SNAPSHOT > x.y.z in OSGi version
speak, which is of course not true in real life (and Maven speak).

FYI: This is how we do it in Sling:

Am Mittwoch, den 16.03.2011, 09:20 +0000 schrieb zoe slattery:
> Hi - as I work through making the changes to be able to release by
> bundle we will need to start following an agreed version policy for
> packages and bundles.
> I've drafted something on the wiki (website). Please review it and
> comment back to the list.
> Thanks, Zoƫ

View raw message