aries-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Hughes <>
Subject PMC JIRA group (was: Please keep JIRA issues up to date)
Date Mon, 21 Feb 2011 17:30:16 GMT
It looks like the intent of the "_Apache Standard Permissions_" JIRA
permissions scheme that Aries and all (?) other projects use is to
give PMC members the role of 'PMC'. I've seen projects that have
individual users with that role, but none (yet) with a dedicated
foo-pmc group that is actually used in the PMC role of the project.
I'd be happy create an aries-pmc group and assign it to the PMC role
of our JIRA project, to 'grease the wheels'.

On 21 February 2011 11:03, Guillaume Nodet <> wrote:
> Well, it's not really a JIRA group, it's a project role which can be changed at:
> I've just added you to the PMC role which should automatically give
> you administration karma on Aries JIRA project.
> On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 11:58, Guillaume Nodet <> wrote:
>> There is a group for PMC members, and I'll add you into it now.
>> On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 11:54, Alasdair Nottingham <> wrote:
>>> My JIRA id is "not" and I do not have access to add, delete, change or
>>> modify anything.
>>> I am in the aries-developers group, which I guess doesn't give me
>>> project admin authority.
>>> If all PMC members should have this access should we create a group
>>> for pmc members?
>>> Thanks
>>> Alasdair

View raw message