aries-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Hughes <>
Subject Re: org.apache.aries.util
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2011 13:05:46 GMT
On 20 January 2011 12:52, zoe slattery <> wrote:
> Hi - I remember a discussion about the 'util' module in which I think we may have agreed
that the artifact name, org.apache.aries.util, was out of line with the other release artifacts.
Unfortunately I can't find the discussion, does anyone remember where it was or what the outcome

Hi Zoe, in fact it's not out of line. It's a 'leaf' module :-) i.e.
one that doesn't have a child modules. So its artifact name is in the
form org.apache.aries.* The fact that it sits in the trunk dir means
it just looks slightly add in the maven repo.

> Also, we have a new module, proxy. Its current version is 0.3-SNAPSHOT, which means that
if I take all the defaults its first release will be 0.3. This is the same situation that
we had with the quiesce module last time, it's first release was 0.2-incubating. Are you all
OK with a 0.3 release of proxy?

+1 for proxy at 0.3 - to be consistent. I'm sure we'll eventually pick
up the old discussion of whether to version modules independently -
probably best left to the next release (IMHO).

> Zoė

View raw message