aries-dev mailing list archives

From zoe slattery <>
Subject Release by module - changes to trunk
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2011 11:17:59 GMT
Hi all

Now that we have a 0.3 release I plan to change trunk so that where
modules depend on other Aries modules the depend on the released
versions and _not_ versions in trunk.

This will mean:

(a) The current development version will be 0.4-SNAPSHOT
(b) All Aries 0.4-SNAPSHOT modules will depend on 0.3 parent.
(c) Where an Aries module depends on other Aries modules, it will depend
on the released versions of the other modules _until_ it requires a
change in the module that it depends on, at which stage it will switch
to a dependency on the development version.
So for example, Blueprint 0.4-SNAPSHOT will depend on quiesce 0.3, proxy
0.3, testsupport 0.3 and  parent 0.3. If blueprint 0.4-SNAPSHOT needs to
pick up a change in proxy the blueprint top level pom will need to be
modified to point to proxy 0.4-SNAPSHOT.

This will lead us towards being able to release by module but it implies
a change in development practice. I will make the pom changes locally
and test them but I'd like to check that release-by-module is still the
goal and that you all think this is a reasonable way to be able to
achieve it.

View raw message