aries-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <>
Subject Re: [Bluerint] Injection of properties not conformant with java-beans
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2010 13:13:28 GMT
The errata ( says:

It was stated that overloaded property set methods must not be used.
This is relaxed. The sentence now reads: "There should only be one set
method with a single argument for a specific property. If overloaded
properties are encountered, the chosen set method is unspecified."

It does not seem to very explicit about having setters with non void
return values.
Can we enhance our implementation to support that ?

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 14:08, Guillaume Nodet <> wrote:
> The first version of the spec specifically disallowed supporting such
> setters afaik, but I seem to recall a discussion about an errata on
> the spec maybe related to that?
> Any information ? It seems our implementation does not like setters
> which have a non void return value, just wanted to check if that was
> still a mandated behavior or not.
> --
> Cheers,
> Guillaume Nodet