aries-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Hughes <>
Subject missing snapshot
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 14:55:52 GMT
Hi, I did a mvn dependency:go-offline to get my .m2 populated with all
the dependencies. It downloads 0.3-incubating-SNAPSHOT builds too but
barfed on finding a snapshot of

The full error is:
1) org.apache.aries.application:org.apache.aries.application.default.local.platform:jar:0.3-incubating-SNAPSHOT

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.aries.application
ncubating-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.aries.application
ubating-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url]

  Path to dependency:
        1) org.apache.aries.application:org.apache.aries.application.runtime.isolated.itests:jar:0.3-incubating-SNAPSHOT
        2) org.apache.aries.application:org.apache.aries.application.default.local.platform:jar:0.3-incubating-SNAPSHOT

which I believe means a 0.3-incubating-SNAPSHOT of
...application.runtime.isolated.itests was published that depends on
the default.local.platform snapshot without that snapshot having been
published. I can fix - I just wanted to highlight this so we avoid the
situation in the future.

View raw message