aries-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Re: parsing blueprint elements on EBA install
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2010 18:55:08 GMT
Does this behavior mean that an EBA can't package a namespace handler that one of its other
bundles uses?  Is this prohibited or even a bad idea for other reasons?

david jencks

On Sep 27, 2010, at 11:39 AM, Alasdair Nottingham wrote:

> No, it is so the resolver can resolve dangling service references, installing the bundles
would be bad because it would violate the contract of the Aries application installer which
allows you to resolve without installing the application. Also when we are installing in an
isolated way we need to know the resolution prior to installation, so we would need to install,
uninstall then reinstall.
> Your namespace handler must cope, what is the problem?
> Alasdair
> On 27 Sep 2010, at 19:34, Joe Bohn <> wrote:
>> Can you be more specific on the need for the EBA installer to parse the blueprint
xml?   Is it to validate that services exported by the EBA are actually defined in some bundle?
>> If that is the case, then would it be possible to install the bundle(s) first and
validate exported services against those registered by the various bundles?
>> Joe
>> On 9/27/10 2:16 PM, Alasdair Nottingham wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I think the simple answer is probably yes. I think it is called once to know
how to resolve the application, and the second time because we have installed the framework.
>>> Alasdair
custom namespaces) as part of the application processing for all bundles within the EBA.
The net result is that we do all of this parsing twice because we also must parse and processes
the information in the BlueprintContainer.
handler and noticed that it was being invoked twice for the same elements.  It seems that
this is not desirable.  Should all namespace handlers be coded in such a way that they can
be invoked multiple times for the exact same elements?

View raw message