aries-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <>
Subject Re: Auto-generation of Import-Service and Export-Service
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2010 13:41:11 GMT
The maven bundle plugin actaully check if the service is mandatory or
not and should add that into the Import-Service manifest header.
What exactly is not right with those headers ?

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 12:29, Timothy Ward <> wrote:
> Hi,
> There are some problems with the way in which Aries models bundles for resolution in
OBR. Currently we look at the blueprint for imported and exported services, but also fall
back to the Import-Service and Export-Service headers in case there are any legacy bundles.
> Unfortunately it seems as though all of our bundles have Import-Service and Export-Service
headers generated (using non-standard directives and attributes to boot). This means that
we duplicate service imports and exports in our OBR model, which is a major performance concern,
but worse, the headers are interpreted differently.
> ARIES-425 was caused by the fact that the duplicate Import-Service header caused an optional
blueprint service to also be found as a mandatory Import-Service. Where are these non-standard,
deprecated headers coming from and how can we turn them off?
> Regards,
> Tim

Guillaume Nodet
Open Source SOA