aries-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <>
Subject Re: parsing blueprint elements on EBA install
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2010 18:34:44 GMT

Can you be more specific on the need for the EBA installer to parse the
blueprint xml?   Is it to validate that services exported by the EBA are
actually defined in some bundle?

If that is the case, then would it be possible to install the bundle(s)
first and validate exported services against those registered by the
various bundles?

On 9/27/10 2:16 PM, Alasdair Nottingham wrote:
> Hi,
> I think the simple answer is probably yes. I think it is called once to know how to resolve
the application, and the second time because we have installed the framework.
> Alasdair
> On 27 Sep 2010, at 19:02, Joe Bohn<>  wrote:
>> When processing an application (EBA) we parse all of the blueprint.xml (including
custom namespaces) as part of the application processing for all bundles within the EBA.
The net result is that we do all of this parsing twice because we also must parse and processes
the information in the BlueprintContainer.
>> Why is it necessary to parse the blueprint.xml during EBA installation in the application
>> I stumbled on this because I was making some modifications to a custom namespace
handler and noticed that it was being invoked twice for the same elements.  It seems that
this is not desirable.  Should all namespace handlers be coded in such a way that they can
be invoked multiple times for the exact same elements?
>> --
>> Joe

View raw message