aries-dev mailing list archives

From zoe slattery <>
Subject Re: Version 0.3 in "parent" pom.xml?
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2010 07:42:02 GMT
  Hi - yes - absolutely. I should have made this a bit clearer but I
didn't fully understand it at the start. Once the release artifacts have
been created the branch is effectively a dead end. What the maven
release plugin does to it during the creation of the release makes it
unusable for any practical purpose.

> I suspect that Zoe accepted the release plugin suggestion that the next version would
be 0.3-incubating.  This would be appropriate on trunk but when releasing on a branch like
this it's probably better to add another decimal, 0.2.1-incubating.  However I hope this branch
is a dead end and nothing other than 0.2-incubating is ever released from it so it shouldn't
make any practical difference.
> thanks
> david jencks
> On Sep 1, 2010, at 3:31 PM, Alexandros Karypidis wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> It seems weird that the 0.2-incubaring-RCx branch uses "0.3-..." in its<version>
>> <name>Aries :: Top Parent POM</name>
>> <version>0.3-incubating-SNAPSHOT</version>
>> <packaging>pom</packaging>
>> Is this intended to be this way?

View raw message