aries-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Aries (Incubating) version 0.2-incubating release candidate 03
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2010 15:42:45 GMT

On Aug 24, 2010, at 7:45 AM, zoe slattery wrote:

> Hi
> - starting discussion thread for 03 candidate for the 0.2-incubating release. If you
are checking the release and and also looked at the 02 candidate, the only module that has
changed in this one is JPA. The changes are described in:

Thanks Zoe. Things look good. Nice work! Thanks for being release manager!

I looked at the releases. Things look good. I've looked at the source, build, signatures/checksums.
I also poked around through the license/notice files and jars. Things look good. Except:

I ran one test failure:

  Running org.apache.aries.blueprint.itests.TestConfigAdmin
  Tests run: 4, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 17.931 sec <<<

Unfortunately, I didn't capture the failure information. And I have not seen this failure
again. Given that the code is building for me, now, I would not -1.

And I happen to run into a deadlock in Geronimo running a recent 0.2.0 SNAPSHOT build. If
that turns out to be a problem in the Blueprint implementation, I think that is severe enough
to warrant a re-spin -- though that could be debated. So, until there's been some triage of
that problem, I'd like to hold off on my vote.

View raw message