aries-dev mailing list archives

From Holly Cummins <>
Subject Re: Apache Aries presentations
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 11:40:44 GMT
zoe slattery wrote:

> Hi - I just discovered that there are quite a few people talking about
> Aries over the next month. I've summarised what I know about here
> Please let me know if I've missed anything!

Further to that, I've attached a patch for a new demo application to
ARIES-321. I've also included a script with instructions for coding it up
from scratch in front of a live audience. The idea of the application is
that it's small enough to write from scratch, but complex enough to show
meaningful Aries patterns, like servlet service access and JPA injection.
Hopefully it will be a useful aid for people presenting Aries. I haven't
actually tried it in front of an audience yet (that happens June 8th), so
it may need revision after that depending what works in front of a crowd
and what doesn't.

Feedback would be very welcome, either from people who've tried demoing
the application, or people who've looked at the code and concluded I'm
demonstrating a set of anti-patterns!

Unless stated otherwise above: