aries-dev mailing list archives

From Lin Sun <>
Subject Re: blueprint annotation prototype
Date Fri, 14 May 2010 15:37:50 GMT
Hi Valentin and Johan

Thanks much again for the feedback.  I have attempted to address all
Valentin's feedback via recent commits this week except the moving the
@Blueprint annotation property to the bundle's manifest header, which
can be easily done but I am not 100% convinced on that :)

I have written a wiki page on the blueprint annotation work  -
 It is created as a child of the existing blueprint page.

If anyone has any comments/questions, feel free to let me know :)

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 1:00 PM, Lin Sun <> wrote:
> Hi
> I have been doing some prototype work for blueprint annotation in my
> own sandbox[1].   Currently the code builds in these orders:
> blueprint-annotation-api, blueprint-annotation-impl and
> blueprint-sample-annotation, blueprint-annotation-itest.  However the
> itest only run successfully on my local machine, since I also have
> some uncommitted code on my local machine that modifies the blueprint
> core a bit to scan blueprint annotation for bundles that have the
> Bundle-Blueprint-Annotation header to true.  I intend to move the
> sandbox code to trunk if there is no objection, so that I can commit
> my change to blueprint core without breaking the aries build.   I have
> coded to do runtime annotation scanning only but supporting build time
> generation of blueprint definition XML from annotation should be
> possible.
> The blueprint-annotation-api contains some of the basic annotations I
> am proposing, such as @Bean, @Service, @Reference, @ReferenceList,
> @Inject, etc.
> The blueprint-annotation-impl contains a bunch of generated and
> slightly modified jaxb files along with some code to scan annotations
> and write the generated blueprint definition to a URL location, using
> xbean-finder.
> The blueprint-sample-annotation contains an example of how these
> annotations can be used in the sample.
> Comments welcome!
> Thanks
> Lin