aries-dev mailing list archives

From Tim McConnell <>
Subject Re: blueprint Schema JAXB model
Date Fri, 21 May 2010 18:59:27 GMT
Thanks for the information Lin. Does that mean that the JAXB model will
packaged with the annotation prototype (sorry I don't really know what
that is) or as part of an even larger artifact like your entire
blueprint implementation ?? I'm trying to understand what else we'd be
getting along with the JAXB model, that we likely won't need. And
finally, I'm trying to understand if it makes sense for just your JAXB
model to be released as a separate artifact ??

On 5/21/2010 2:42 PM, Lin Sun wrote:
> Hi Tim
> The jaxb model are used for the blueprint annotation work I 've been
> prototyping.  Based on where the code sits now, it would be released
> as part of Aries blueprint whenever we release Aries blueprint next
> time.   I see no prob in releasing it with the next aries blueprint
> release, since this is an optional component and don't impact the
> existing core blueprint functionality in any way.
> Thanks
> Lin
> On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 2:38 PM, Tim McConnell<>  wrote:
>> Hi Aries community, I notice in the Aries trunk version that there is a JAXB
>> model of the blueprint.xsd schema. I'm wondering if you have a plan to
>> formally release this model with subsequent Aries releases ?? I'm asking
>> because the Apache Geronimo Eclipse Plugin is working on a form editor for
>> the blueprint.xml, and we could reuse your model without developing our own,
>> which would likely save us some time.
>> --
>> Thanks,
>> Tim McConnell