aries-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <>
Subject Fwd: Re: confluence formatting
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2010 17:44:40 GMT
I had the following exchange on the infrastructure list regarding our
wiki pages which don't seem to be formatted correctly when viewed via
the URL.

It seems that the rsync may be having issues and perhaps needs to be
updated following the confluence upgrade.

Guillaume (or anybody else with authority) ... can you take a look?
Perhaps we need to make some updates based upon the update confluence

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: confluence formatting
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 11:59:43 -0400
From: Daniel Kulp <>
CC: Joe Bohn <>

Actually, the version that is present on cwiki is OK:

The problem seems to be that the rsyncs from the new cwiki to are not working (or were not setup) so it's not
getting the
new exports synced over and then synced to the sites.    I don't have
to the new cwiki machine to try and investigate that.  Not sure
where/how that
rsync is supposed to be triggered.

On Tuesday 20 April 2010 11:34:18 am Daniel Kulp wrote:
> Ick.  OK.
> We had this problem before and it turned out there are two plugins that can
> provide the {code} macros.  One works with the autoexport and the other
> doesn't.    I need to dig through it a bit again and figure out what I did
> to fix it last time.
> Dan
> On Tuesday 20 April 2010 11:16:53 am Joe Bohn wrote:
> > I noticed that there are some format issues in confluence since the
> > recent upgrade.  I suspect this is a result of the new version
> > attempting to protect against XSS/XSRF attacks but I'm not really sure.
> >
> > One such case involved the {code} tag which seems to not render the
> > content after export in some cases even though it displays the content
> > when within the view (or preview) panel in the wiki editor.
> >
> > For example, have a look at:
> >

> > where there are 4 {code} blocks that are displayed as empty.  Here is
> > the content of one of the {code} blocks:
> >
> > {code}
> > java -jar osgi-3.5.0.v20090520.jar -console
> > {code}
> >
> > We might be able to find ways to edit these fields and make them display
> > (I'm currently trying {noformat} ) ... but that may mean that a lot of
> > projects will have to make a lot of changes.  I'm just wondering if this
> > is a known issue and if there is a recommended work-around.  I'm also
> > wondering if there is some configuration setting that we can set to get
> > the {code} sections working again without compromising security?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Joe

Daniel Kulp

View raw message