aries-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Hughes <>
Subject Re: Runtime dependencies for our released artifacts
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2010 22:27:14 GMT
On 11 March 2010 18:10, David Jencks <> wrote:
> On Mar 11, 2010, at 7:48 AM, Jeremy Hughes wrote:
>>> <snip>
>>> Three points i'd like to stress:
>>>  * we need source distributions for everything we release because
>>> this *is* the official release.
>> +1 absolutely. I've just pulled in the Felix 'release' profile into
>> the Aries parent pom. As a consequence LICENSE and NOTICE files need
>> to be in SVN at every level. So, while adding them in at every
>> 'releaseable' level seems like a manageability issue, I think their
>> presence makes sure we remember that they are there and need to
>> maintained accurately.
>  Please undo this,

In fact this never made it into SVN ... and neither did any of the
later talk of

> I got the build to work so it produced a good set of
> source bundles so you can build each subproject from the source bundle.
>  This is what apache policy requires and its really simple.  What felix does
> is antiquated and IMHO really bad practice.  Please don't copy their build
> stuff.

If you're objecting to the form then that's fine. I've
been thinking about it a bit more and I actually think if someone is
that desperate to build the source they'll anonymous svn checkout if
they don't have an id. So I'm fine with the way it is now.

> thanks
> david jencks

View raw message