aries-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Ward <>
Subject RE: maven-bundle-plugin generating Import-Service entries
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2010 18:34:56 GMT

I agree that this looks like a defect in the maven bundle plugin. The services aren't used
by the bundle, so they should not be expressed as Import-Service entries for the bundle.

I am also very concerned that the Import-Service entries generated are Aries specific. I have
plans to add Spring DM/Gemini Blueprint support for the Aries JPA container namespace (which
I have now formalized in JIRA Aries-268). Adding this Import-Service header may prevent this
support from being added, or at the very least lead to unnecessary bundles (and their dependencies)
being provisioned. Essentially, someone who already has a Gemini blueprint implementation
installed may end up with Aries blueprint as well, even though it is not necessary.

One final concern is that the Import-Service headers being generated are non-standard (the
OSGi spec says that the values have no attributes). Isn't there a risk that this might break
existing tools?

I am +1 for raising a bug.