aries-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Re: Runtime dependencies for our released artifacts
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2010 18:10:20 GMT

On Mar 11, 2010, at 7:48 AM, Jeremy Hughes wrote:

>> <snip>

>> Three points i'd like to stress:
>>  * we need source distributions for everything we release because
>> this *is* the official release.
> +1 absolutely. I've just pulled in the Felix 'release' profile into
> the Aries parent pom. As a consequence LICENSE and NOTICE files need
> to be in SVN at every level. So, while adding them in at every
> 'releaseable' level seems like a manageability issue, I think their
> presence makes sure we remember that they are there and need to
> maintained accurately.

  Please undo this, I got the build to work so it produced a good set
of source bundles so you can build each subproject from the source
bundle.  This is what apache policy requires and its really simple.
What felix does is antiquated and IMHO really bad practice.  Please
don't copy their build stuff.

david jencks