aries-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject How to release
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2010 17:40:36 GMT
I already said this on march 1 but there was more stuff in that email so maybe everyone missed
it and I could be considerably more explicit.

DON"T try to use the root pom to release anything and don't try to release it.  It's only
there for convenience.  Judging by the recent posts I think it causes a lot more trouble than
it is worth and should be removed.

I don't know the exact order to release subprojects in.  Someone will have to figure it out.
 You can't release in the wrong order because there will be snapshots which will fail the
build.  I'm pretty sure it starts:

- parent

For each subproject run:

mvn versions:use-releases
svn commit -m "updated to latest releases"
mvn release:prepare -Papache-release
mvn release:perform -Papache-release

The first two steps should be unnecessary for the parent pom.

The versions plugin will find the release candidates from earlier subprojects and update the
poms to use them instead of the snapshots.

david jencks

View raw message