aries-dev mailing list archives

From Valentin Mahrwald <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r928178 - in /incubator/aries/trunk: blueprint/blueprint-core/src/main/java/org/apache/aries/blueprint/ blueprint/blueprint-core/src/main/java/org/apache/aries/blueprint/proxy/ blueprint/blueprint-testbundlea/src/main/java/org/apache/
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2010 05:58:46 GMT
Yes, that is intended :)

The new logic does the same as the old only a bit more efficient in
that every exception that is not an Error or a RuntimeException is a
declared exception.

There is one subtle difference though. A RuntimeException that is
declared in the throws clause of a method is still treated as a
RuntimeException and not a
declared Exception. This is similar to what EJB does and I believe
correct for our purposes (Joe Bohn also raised this as a bug
previously, ARIES 258).

On 30 Mar 2010, at 21:04, Lin Sun wrote:

> I noticed that this removed the previous checking of whether the ex is
> one of the method m declared exceptions.  Method m is now not used at
> all in this postCallWithException.  Is that intended?

View raw message