aries-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <>
Subject How is TransactionManagerService registered
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2010 16:51:58 GMT
While working on OPENJPA-1524 reported by Tim, I'm trying to figure out
how the Aries TransactionManagerService is being registered in a generic
way so our OpenJPA code will work with any TM service provider.

In looking at the Aries transaction module, I'm not seeing how it is
being registered in the ServiceRegistry with a common OSGi name that
isn't Aries specific.

  props.put(Constants.SERVICE_PID, getName());
this, props);

where getName() is -
  public String getName() {
    return "org.apache.aries.transaction";

Shouldn't the Aries TransactionManagerService also be registered as
"javax.transaction.TransactionManager" or is that being handled outside
of the BundleActivator code?

View raw message