aries-dev mailing list archives

From Alasdair Nottingham <>
Subject Re: Aries Blueprint spec compliance
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2010 14:16:15 GMT

Have you made any progress on what can be done here?

On 19 January 2010 15:31, Kevan Miller <> wrote:
> On Jan 19, 2010, at 8:40 AM, Thomas Diesler wrote:
>> Hi Folks,
>> I'm considering to ship Aries Blueprint with JBoss OSGi.
>> Could you perhaps give me a rough idea what level of spec compliance (i.e. TCK pass
rate) is reached by this implementation?
> Hi Thomas,
> Sounds great.
> As a project, we have not run the Compliance Tests (more later). So, as a project, I
don't think we can claim compliance. Individuals/organizations have run Blueprint against
the CT, would leave it up to them on what statements they can or cannot make about compliance.
> Will note that the Aries community has not yet performed a release. So, the current codebase
has not yet been through an official review by the ASF. Hopefully, the community will be working
on that in the near future.
> With regard to CT -- It's my understanding ASF now has access to the OSGi Compliance
Tests.  I'm confirming the process for obtaining the CT. An Aries committer will be able
to obtain the CT after submitting an NDA to the ASF --
The OSGi CT needs to be kept private -- it should not redistributed outside of the ASF.
> I'll keep the group informed...
> --kevan

Alasdair Nottingham

View raw message