aries-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <>
Subject Fwd: [Heads up][OBR] Stax based parser
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2010 15:08:57 GMT
Forwarding here as it may interesting for you.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Guillaume Nodet <>
Date: Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 15:56
Subject: [Heads up][OBR] Stax based parser
To: dev <>

I've just committed a new stax based parser into the OBR service.  It
will be used automatically if possible (meaning if the package is available) else the default one will be
used.  I've seen a parsing time divided by 10 on my computer.  To test
it a bit, you can uncomment the StaxParserTest#testPerfs method and
run it from maven using
    mvn test -Dtest=StaxParserTest
It will run a loop and parse your ~/.m2/repository/repository.xml file.

The results on my computer are the following:

Running org.apache.felix.bundlerepository.StaxParserTest
Woodstox: 5924 ms
DefStax: 7154 ms
KXmlParser: 55368 ms
Woodstox: 4583 ms
DefStax: 5374 ms
KXmlParser: 51820 ms

The first run of test is longer because you need to let the JIT warm up.
But this shows that when using the default stax parser (from the JRE),
the parsing time is down to 10.3 % and  down to 8.9 % when using
Woodstox !

The parsing is entirely new, so please take some time to test it with
your real use cases and make sure i haven't forgotten anything in the

Guillaume Nodet
Open Source SOA

Guillaume Nodet
Open Source SOA