aries-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <>
Subject [DISCUSS] Applications and subsystems
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2010 21:34:13 GMT
Aries applications model is quite similar to the subsytem model being
discussed in the OSGi EEG.
I'd like to think that subsytems are more generic than applications,
or said another way, that applications
are specialization of subsystems.  Subsystems allow reference to other
subsystems, scoping, etc...

I'd like to see how we can make both fits together.  I guess the first
question to solve it whether we want
to keep applications the way they are, without advanced features
provided by subsystems such as
sharing / scoping, dependencies on other subsytems, etc...

Once we've answered that, we can think about the way we want to support both.

Thoughts ?

Guillaume Nodet
Open Source SOA

View raw message