aries-dev mailing list archives

From Valentin Mahrwald <>
Subject Q: Persistence.xsd files copyright
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 16:59:33 GMT

currently we require the persistence schema to be located somewhere on
the web (like
persistence_1_0.xsd. This approach has a couple of issues
- the JPA container must be able to access the network
- the first time we load the schema we incur a speed penalty
- the JPA2 schema isn't yet available in the canonical location.

Now, I have noticed that OpenJPA ships a copy of the persistence.xsd
in its binaries. The file is located under org/apache/openjpa/

Could we potentially do the same in the Aries JPA container? And what
license issues are there to be aware of?

Many thanks,

View raw message