aries-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Charters <>
Subject Re: eba-maven-plugin
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2010 09:23:39 GMT
Hi David,

Thanks for this!

I created an EBA project for the blog sample.  The pom is shown below.
 In general it seems to work, but I have a few niggles (number 2 is
the only show-stopper for me):

1. Because this is based on a jar archive, the plugin generates a
MANIFEST.MF.  An eba is just a zip and does not need nor use the
2. My eba archive ended up containing two transitive dependencies
(derby and servlet-api).  How can I prevent these from going into the
3. The archive also contained and pom.xml files in
META-INF/maven/org.apache.aries.samples/blog-sample-eba.  Is there any
way to stop these going in?

Thanks again!

Regards, Graham.

    <name>Apache Aries blog sample EBA</name>

On 26 February 2010 09:13, Jeremy Hughes <> wrote:
> Thanks I'll try it out!
> On 26 February 2010 09:07, David Jencks <> wrote:
>> I think it works.... contents look similar to what was generated previously.
>>  I attached a patch to ARIES-120 for ariestrader-all-eba in case anyone
>> wants to take a closer look or try deploying it.
>> thanks
>> david jencks
>> On Feb 25, 2010, at 6:25 PM, David Jencks wrote:
>>> I adapted the maven-rar-plugin to do what I think an eba-maven-plugin
>>> ought to do and put it under application.  Right now it's not tied into the
>>> build.  It may need to move elsewhere in the tree to make it easier to use
>>> in aries itself, building and using plugins in the same build can be tricky.
>>> So far you need to write the yourself and put it in the
>>> source project under src/main/eba/META-INF/
>>> To use it your project needs to have
>>> <packaging>eba</packaging>
>>> and configure the plugin with
>>>   <build>
>>>       <plugins>
>>>           <plugin>
>>>               <groupId>org.apache.aries.application</groupId>
>>>               <artifactId>eba-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>>>               <version>1.0.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT</version>
>>>               <extensions>true</extensions>
>>>               <configuration>
>>>                   <includeJar>false</includeJar>
>>>               </configuration>
>>>           </plugin>
>>>       </plugins>
>>>   </build>
>>> Note the very required extensions element.
>>> By default it builds a jar from the java files in the project and installs
>>> it in the eba.  The above configures it not to do that.
>>> I haven't tried this on a real eba yet... if  anyone can try that and see
>>> if the results work that would be great.  I'll probably try tomorrow if no
>>> one gets there first.
>>> thanks
>>> david jencks

View raw message