aries-dev mailing list archives

From Alasdair Nottingham <>
Subject Re: {DISCUSS] Home for Daytrader sample leveraging Aries
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2010 21:02:34 GMT
If a new name is really important I suggest AriesTrader.

2010/1/13 Kevan Miller <>:
> On Jan 12, 2010, at 2:57 PM, David Jencks wrote:
>> Daytrader has a long history of insufficient maintenance and ad-hoc changes to suit
the demands of the moment, followed by no cleanup of all the broken edges.    IMO having
an aries version of daytrader, the latest hot thing, will mean that the ee version will be
completely dead.  I don't think this is desirable.  However, I'm not likely to work on any
version of daytrader in the forseeable future.
> I don't disagree with your history of DayTrader. However, I doubt that the EE version
dies, at least not right away. There is, and will continue to be a need for samples on both
programming models. Assuming that's true, I think it's potentially confusing to end up with
two different applications called "DayTrader". So, I'm wondering if there should be some separation,
> --kevan

Alasdair Nottingham

View raw message