aries-dev mailing list archives

From Alasdair Nottingham <>
Subject Re: Transaction samples
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2010 14:25:35 GMT
Hi Nikolai,

I agree we definitely need to have a sample showing how transactions
work. I had been thinking of updating the blog sample to include
transactions, but nothing immediate. If you want to go ahead and
either update the blog sample, or introduce a new one I think that
would be great.

Since you mention the JDBC specification for derby I think it would be
good to have an implementation of this. It would be really nice if it
could adapt the XADataSource into a DataSource so the client would
just use the DataSource API, and would implicitly get the transaction
enlistment. I would do this separately from the sample and the derby
bundle you mention.

I'm not sure I can answer your JPA question, but other will be able to.

2010/1/13 Tankov, Nikolai <>:
> Hi,
>  I was checking the examples and saw that there are no examples which demonstrate how
transactions (JTA Transaction Services Specification) and DB drivers (JDBC Service Specification)
can be used.
> Do you plan to include transactional scenario in one of the existing examples? If no
I can extend Derby bundle with an implement of interface org.osgi.service.jdbc.DataSourceFactory
defined into OSGi enterprise spec. After that I can use it together with the existing transaction
implementation in a simple example.
> What do you think about this idea?
> The implementation of JTA DataSource for JPA is also interesting. Are there any plans
for an implementation? Or it is implemented but I did not found it :)
> Thanks!
>  Nikolai.

Alasdair Nottingham

View raw message