aries-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: OSGi support for libraries that use the META-INF/services
Date Mon, 18 Jan 2010 14:20:20 GMT
Very well, then.

For the moment, I've nicknamed my component 'SPI Fly', but I'm open to
any other name too.

Currently the implementation does the following:
* For every new bundle being installed it checkes the
META-INF/services directory for any files. If found it registers a
service in the Service Registry with the following property
  spi.provider.url = {the URL to the associated META-INF/services file}

* I think it would be better to do an opt-in for the bundle. So only
do this when the bundle has a specific heading in its manifest (like
SPI-Provider or something). I will enhance the code with this shortly.

So what's there now works fine for bundles that are aware of this
mechanism, clients simply look in the service registry for their SPI

It doesn't fix anything for clients that aren't aware of this feature.
So we need more ideas in that area...

I would propose using the Wiki to collaborate further on the design. I've added:

I'll commit my code + tests to soon,
unless someone objects...

Best regards,

View raw message